Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the top ten books we love but feel like we haven’t talked about recently.
- The Eyre Affair – Loads of fun and a clever premise. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
- 11/22/63 – I feel like the brilliance of this book just makes it need to be talked about again and again. 3 months is too long in between talking about it. Side note, I may need to get Hulu for a while to see the mini-series they are doing on it!
- Bayern Books (#1- The Goose Girl) – I think this is a middle grade series, but the stories are so well written that I didn’t even notice. Definitely a good one for those who like fantasy.
RessieReads: (Do I then have to “talk about them” for this? I hate when I love a book but I just can’t put into words how I feel about it.)
- All the King’s Men – I read this in high school and it is one of my absolute favorite classics. It also has one of my all-time favorite quotes: “Man is conceived in sin and born in corruption and he passeth from the stink of the didie to the stench of the shroud. There is always something.” Fun fact: Author Robert Penn Warren is the only person to have won Pulitzer Prizes for both fiction and poetry (this book won for fiction).
- Eon: Dragoneye Reborn/Eona: The Last Dragoneye – I picked it up because of dragons. Eon I did have some trouble with, but the storyline of Eona made everything worth it and surprised me in so many ways.
- Ella Enchanted – One of my all-time favorite YA fantasy books and the best fairytale retelling I have every read.