Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is our Top Ten to follow on various social media.
Lioness left it up to me to take care of this entry. Of course, I’m having trouble narrowing it down to 10, plus I’m trying to decide if I want a theme (say, all Twitter or all blogs) or a variety. Then there is the fear that I’ll forget something or someone that I really enjoy and will wish I’d mentioned! Well, let’s get started and see where I end up…
- I don’t spend much time on Facebook anymore but when I do, I always check in with The Relentless Reader because she always has good book related news and info from a multitude of websites.
My personal Twitter follows a lot of bookish types, so of course it was only natural that when I took the reigns as Twitter-maven for @Book Charmers, I pretty much knew the names I wanted to follow. There are way too many to post here so you should take a look at the ones we follow on our Twitter. I follow a lot of authors, publishers and library-related sites, in addition to book bloggers. I’ll try to share a variety here.
- Heroes & Heartbreakers – I love a romance book almost as much as I love romance fans. See also: All About Romance; Smart Bitches, Trashy Books.
- Oh My Shelves & Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words – A couple of my friends review for these two blogs. (These are their blogs, not Twitter feeds)
- Epic Reads– YA community by HarperCollins NYC. I love their infographics and book lists.
- Book Bub – I actually receive their newsletter in my Inbox each day but if I’m vegging on Twitter, I’ll see what they’ve got posted. Free and low priced ebooks, daily or every few days.
- JK Rowling – Need I say more? I love her.
- Library Journal & American Library Association – Library information! I am not a librarian but I love my library and librarians and I enjoy learning what is going on in that world.
- Publishers Weekly – Updates on books that are newly published, books coming soon, author features and more. I also subscribe to
- Book Riot – Their tagline says, “Always books. Never boring”, and I have to agree. This is my absolute favorite bookish website. They write a wide variety of articles on such topics as diversity in lit, habits of bookaholics, new and upcoming book releases, and so much more. Check it out if you haven’t already. I subscribe to their newsletter, I follow their Twitter, I am pretty sure I follow their Pinterest, plus I visit their site every few days just to see what’s new. I’ve got a bookmark folder dedicated to articles that I don’t want to forget to re-read or that hold some sort of information that I deem important.
- Sisters in Crime & International Thriller Writers Organization – Mysteries and Thrillers are my favorite so I visit these two when I need to see what’s up in the world of fictional crime.
- This is not an account that I follow, it’s one of my favorite hash tags to search each year: #summerreading. To me, there is something about finding books that fit the summer, beach-read feel, something light and breezy, or even a good thriller/murder mystery, perhaps something hot and steamy. I love to see what other people put on their Summer Reading Lists.
Not a follow per se, but I love to search for Books. Just type in Books and look at all the possibilities! Prepare to lose hours of your life here.
Looking forward to what others choose for their Top Ten this week! In the meantime, Happy Reading!